Category Archives: A rise in blood pressure …

… triggered by passing input

A breath of fresh air – not a photo in sight


Probably due to all the dust being raised

This is about the ongoing job that takes up more time than any of the stuff that does get photographed.

There are sessions when mini activity becomes stodgy and slows down and I tend to worry that I’m running out of steam and thus become a little up-tight.  The more likely cause (and I’ve found this to be the case every time so far) is that I’ve been working away in such a determined style that I’ve not straightened things out enough after each step.

I clean away and restore most things after sessions but some bits from a job get left behind.

You know what I mean, don’t you?  I’ve cut card but not cleared away all the off-cuts in case there’s more:  eg I’ve prepped window shapes but might the door need to be the same material?  So, there some of the pieces will lie, neatly stacked, but clogging up the thinking and working space and, ultimately not every bit makes it all the way home even when the decisions have been made and they’re no longer needed.  Long sentence but I suspect you might have experienced this tale for yourself, perhaps?

Eventually there comes a moment the working frenzy has to be slowed down and a machete and a sweeping brush need waving around to hack a way back to some better order and a clearer view of life in general.

Ah – now you can breathe more easily.  This helps relax the brain and buys more clarity and forward thinking time.

By the end of the clearance exercise not only is there more elbow room but there’s a sharper, more defined perspective on the whole job and where it’s supposed to be going.  Everything is re-energised, some redesigning of your layout has been achieved (possibly leading to ‘missing’ some items later and finding some things refiled last time) but it was such fun to do and the ‘lost’ will be found – they’ll turn up some time too.  Won’t they?

And I do so enjoy sorting.

Bring out the yoghurt pots and string


I do like watching paint dry but this is ridiculous

All well here but hectic with domestic jobs. The delay in posting is due to the internet being so thin/slow and virtually down to near zero so here goes a quick few words to assure you we’re still here doing our ‘thing’. It’s taken nearly 20 minutes to log on to internet, get as far as copying this text in and pressing publish. Can’t even get into the Text tab to set the heading style! Back soon (hopefully) when engineers have finally sorted out what’s a-doing of what and why down the line external to us. Hope your all are keeping busy and having fun 😉

theinfill dolls house blog

Managed to upload this but took a full five mins  hope you can see it because I can’t


Use your words, fellas, use your words!


Hand gluing day and this happened

Yes, I know it’s my fault, but really!  No sooner had their arm lengths been adjusted and their hands glued on and everyone put aside to dry, than the fighting poses started.  And there’s really no need for the others to cheer it on.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

At which point I broke it up and decided to paint the hands with matt varnish, whether the fixing glue was dry or not.

Then we have the attack of the webbed feet

theinfill - Medieval to Jacobean dolls' house blog - 1:12 half legs - drying so can be sanded

Roughly marked out half legs with very messy feet. Will sand them smoother when dry.

Can’t wait to get them dressed and packed away until I’ve built the scene they’re going to inhabit.

The passing of the last cat


Tickle and family

For those who have kindly put up with my saga of the aging cat, Tickle died today.  Here she is in one of her favourite sleeping places:  the garden riddle.

Allow me to present to you ‘Cat in a Basket’.

Looks excruciatingly uncomfortable, doesn’t it?  I kept expecting to find her coat marked in a diced pattern on one side when she woke up, whilst watching the whole paraphernalia sway slightly from side to side as she breathed (it being a slightly curved sieve) made more than a little queasy.

theinfill - Tickle in a sieve

She was 17 and one of a family 3 cats that came to us by accident.  Her mother (Mrs) died last year at 19½ and her brother (Buster) 5 years ago aged 12, from cancer.  Never having lived with pets before, this last 17  years has been a strange experience; a mix of fun and worry.  I’m deeply grateful for their company and shall miss them all.  And no, before you ask, we are not inviting any others to come and join us.

theinfill - Mrs - mother of the cats


theinfill - Buster, brother to Tickle

Buster, the eternal poser