I’ve not actually finished with the bedroom at no.2 but, as both houses need the same jobs carried out for them i.e. clothing or something to represent clothing to scatter hither and thither, it seemed a good idea to do them all together.
I spent some time messing around trying to decide whether to use the tailors/dressmakers dummy or even a wire skirt stand, but decided in the end to go for something a lot smaller than either.
I made a skirt based loosely on a pattern from an 1890s magazine illustrated in “Patterns of Fashion 2 c. 1850-1940 by Janet Arnold”.
The outer skirt shape is stitched but the seams of the lining are glued. I then lightly gathered the lining about half way up to help bring the skirt shape inwards a little, in the hope that the whole construction would look as if it had more hanging weight. I find mini clothing can sometimes look a bit too square and stiff but yet lightweight so I tend to mess about with folds etc in an attempt to make it a little more realistic. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t.
I don’t think there would be any coathangers knocking about in these houses so have added hanging loops to the top edges of both the skirt and the blouse.
Lots more to do. as and when the garden et al leave time 🙂