The strange pull of domesticity?
Mostly at the moment I’m bouncing between my full-sized autumn clean (much the same as spring …) and sorting out the fit of the cake slice and front two bedrooms etc (mini). It’s coming along nicely and I hope to have those two rooms more or less ready for the furniture to come back by next week.
In between, in the down time from sorting and cleaning and while other things are drying, I took out the last kit I have to hand.
Beautifully laser cut and easy to fit together, I put the two separate halves into a square jig while the joints dried. The ribbon at top left corner is for binding the two halves and making them hinge and is provided in the pack, along with sandpaper.
In fact the binding was the hardest part and truly messy when carried out by me. I did find that placing a paint scraper or similar between while the binding was drying was a help, stopping them ‘binding’ together and getting too close, preventing them folding when dry.
A very rough layout of where the clothes horse will be used. Hopefully with a bit of judicious stitching/gluing, some of the clothes horse and the chair also under the blanket will eventually be visible 😉
In other news
Seriously, I never finished off and set up the furniture and other gubbins in the sitting room, which has become a sad storage place and general disaster area with small, sad dogs begging for help.
Looks like the first room worked on is going to be the last room to finish.