The third tall chimney stack
What’s going on
Briefly emerged from the egg box brick factory (for just a moment) and shall soon begin to add the ridge tiles. How soon? Well, the list of jobs in the way is not as short as I’d like.
Writing these notes
In planning what to ‘show and tell’ (whenever I actually make a serious plan) it’s often a mix of whatever photos I’ve remembered to take in the heat of experimentation and making, and what further works need doing at the time of beginning the blog entry.
- Cupola – needs seating properly and its sides dressing
- Ridge tiles – all of them
- Wiring to be covered by flat roof areas – should be quick-ish job, once got cardboard fit accurate enough (don’t giggle)
- Removable chimney face section (chimney stack 2) – ditto re quick-ish and the fitting
- Flat roof balustrades – longer job though elements are mostly prepped
- Frontages for left, right front attic rooms and long gallery side arm – combined they are the longest job and are still hanging around ‘cos I keep putting them off
All of the above listed are still hovering over my shoulder, making little squeaky noises, trying to grab my attention, so, as I ramble on through the next of the tasks I’ll try and pay a visit to some bits of these other jobs too.
Am hoping that when they are done (well the roof area bits) it might be a good moment to indulge in playtime and, at last, add the roof debris, builders gang activity etc that belong up there. It will make a welcome change for sure.
Not quite a Henry V moment but I’ll go for a rallying cry nevertheless and wave the banner for the ‘charge’, so once more unto the ladders, old one, and close up the gaps with our painted cardboard! We are undefeated by egg boxes!