Like a kid sulking over not having what it wants, I didn’t work on the middle attic today. The problem with Ms Moody here was I fancied an owl in the schoolroom sitting in the rafters (left-hand front attic) a little like Merlin’s Archimedes (“Once and Future King”).
(Three separate links there, sorry 😉 )
Saturday afternoon playing around
The ones I found online and really fancied were beyond my pocket so, instead of putting it out of my head I played hooky today and tried to make my own.
I studied as many pictures as I could find and printed out a few and then took photos of what I was up to until I got so involved in visualising what I was trying to make (and my fingers were sticky as well). By then I was so carried away so there’s a gap in the photos with only the finished article to see.
Well, apart from busting the rafter set up, and with the luck and ignorance of the beginner bird builder, it’s better than I thought it might be, but I am a little peeved that I didn’t set the wing feathers further back. The beam I can fix.
Missing info on construction
By the way, the eyes are a couple of bright beads with a sewing pin inserted to hold them in place and the head of the pin felt-tipped black. (The tail of the pin was cut off as it emerged from the back of the poor owl’s head.) The min beads and the natural feathers were bought from one of the doll’s house haberdashery websites.