Can’t put it off any longer
Bringing things together – at last
Most of the bits and bobs and the various elements of the outdoor layout have been prepped and I’ve mulled and stewed ideas and possibilities to a soggy mush in my head, so it’s crunch time.
(as usual if you click image to open the gallery and read the captions you can also get to the link – down to the right of gallery – for a slightly larger image)
I feel better now …
An intense and sticky work session today. One of those jobs once started you mustn’t stop. What do I need to tell you?
- The tiles are Creative Paperclay (white) or the Staedtler terracotta. The terracotta warped horribly but the paperclay stayed flat
- I’ve used newspaper strips and glue twisted up around the bases of the hurdles and hedge etc to eventually represent earth/mud/grass areas
- The twigs are bits of herb cuttings that were lying around and cut and trimmed to need
- Oh, yes, the odd elastic band was used to hold the bits of hurdle in place till the glue dried and may still be visible in the photos – well spotted that man
- The only thing still drying is the newspaper papier-mache which is awaiting the shades of brown etc and then, when that paint is dry, I’ll tackle the tile slabs I think.
Quite pleased that it all actually came together OK and more than a little surprised too.