Working on the first side wall
The front of this porch looks pretty solid, and solidly gothic at that. I’m concerned that a beam and panel side to the building will look a little less solid – but I’m working on it.
I had thought of using similar windows to those I used down the side of the original Great Hall, but I decided to have a go myself.
Attempt at do-it-yourself
With a number of pieces of balsa strips lying around, I took the widest I had and hacked at it to make the halves of a sort of window shape. I couldn’t get any two the same and the sixth one kept breaking. Eventually there were six, mixed and wobbly, but I’ve used them as you can see above. Hopefully the figures around and about that window will distract the eye enough for the scrappy frames not to be too big an issue.
However there’s another window
This means there’s another six none matching balsa bits to sort out and balance in place. What fun. I definitely can feel a displacement activity coming up. I think I might give that mini spirit level a good wipe. It looks as though it’s been rescued from the bin.